After downloading the MyCase Sync for Dropbox, you will notice a new folder in your Dropbox account called "MyCase".
The MyCase user who integrated their Dropbox account with MyCase will by default be the only member at the firm with the "MyCase" folder in their Dropbox account. In order for other Dropbox users at the firm to interact with these documents in their Dropbox account, either the "MyCase" folder, OR individual case folders must be shared with users.
Please note: Dropbox does not support sharing folders within shared folders. Therefore, you will need to either share the entire MyCase folder with other users at the firm (giving them full access to all documents in that folder), or individual folders within the MyCase folder.
To share a folder in Dropbox:
1. Sign into your Dropbox account
2. Hover your mouse over the folder
3. Click the "Share" button
4. Enter the email addresses of people who need edit access to the folder
5. Select "Can edit" from the pulldown menu. (You can also select "Can view" to make them a viewer only).
6. Add an optional message about the files, and click "Share"
To share a folder on your phone or tablet:
1. Open the Dropbox app
2. Find the folder you'd like to share
On Android: Tap the downward arrow
On iOS Tap the "..." (ellipsis) icon
3. Tap "Share"
4. Enter the email addresses of the people you'd like to have edit access
5. Under the "These People" option, choose "Can edit" or "Can view"
6. Add an optional message about the files and tap "Send"
To share on your computer:
1. Open your Dropbox folder
2. Right-click on the folder you want to share
3. Select "Share"
4. Enter the email addresses of the people you'd like to have access
5. Select "Can edit" or "Can view" from the pull-down menu.
6. Add an optional message about the files and click "Invite"