Import information from another program to MyCase utilizing our import tools
built into MyCase. Before migrating your information into MyCase, you should ensure
that your data is consistently formatted, well organized, sufficiently backed up, and
What can be imported into MyCase?
The importing tools allow the following to be imported:
Unbilled Time Entries & Expenses
The Data Migration Process in Three Steps
Place Data in Template
Import into MyCase
Migrating Data in MyCase
1. Export data from your previous program.
Note: Our Knowledge Center has information on exporting from some programs.
Tip: We encourage you to contact Customer Support from your previous program if you need help.
2. Enter your Custom Fields into MyCase by going to Settings > All Settings > Custom Fields.
3. Place your Contact, Company or Case data into our Import Templates found in
Settings > All Settings > Import/Export > click into either Contacts & Companies or Cases > Download Template.
4. Import any contacts, companies and cases first. This will set the foundation in your
5. If you have unbilled time entries and expenses, import them next by using the Template
provided. Go to the Billing tab > Time Entries or Expenses > Add Time Entry or
Expense > Import > Download Template. These items must be able to link to Cases in