In order to setup MyCase Accounting, please follow the steps below:
1. Open MyCase
2. Select the Accounting tab at the top of your account.
3. As this is the first time opening MyCase Accounting, you will be prompted to set it up. Select Let's get started.
4. Complete Step One: Syncing Billing and Payment Data by selecting Start Syncing.
5. Connect bank and card accounts.
6. Manage these connections by selecting to Connect New Account.
7. Complete the Plaid integration to connect the account. Set up the account by selecting your institution. Note: You can manage your accounts later in the Banking tab by selecting Add Bank Account.
8. Complete Step Two: General Setup Wizard
Set up a Chart of Accounts by selecting Setup Accounts
Import the chart of accounts one of two ways. 1) Add accounts individually by following each tab: Revenue, Expenses, Asset, Liabilities and Equity. Or 2) Select Upload Your Chart of Accounts and follow the General Ledger Account Setup steps.
Once all tabs or the account setup is completed, select Create Accounts.
9. Setup initial balances by selecting Set up Balances.
10. This is data collected from billing and additional data points that were added as additional account balances.
Add these based on the specific account type.
Select Conversion Date the reflects when you stopped using your previous system and started using MyCase Accounting.
11. Select Save Balances.